IE7 Changes for MSHTML Embedding
This is post is really for me more than anything else. I have been trying to find some information on what new features IE7 offers for those embedding the WebBrowser control. In the process, I also found some stuff that came out with IE6 during the WinXP SP2 timeframe.
- DOCHOSTUIFLAG: New flags for navigation and redirect control. Also flags for enabling new "windowless" SELECT elements instead of the old "windowed" versions.
- INTERNETFEATURELIST: This enumeration of features can out in IE6, mainly for controlling security. IE7 adds a couple new features for controlling more security stuff, tabbed browsing and builtin XMLHttpRequest. Also, it provides a way to turn off the damn navigation sounds without hacking the registry. Used with CoInternetSetFeatureEnabled and related API's.
- Tabbed Browsing Developer Summary: Describes the effects on the DOM, shows how applications hosts can enable tabbed browsing shortcuts, and describes new notifications.
- What's New in Internet Explorer 7: Summary of the major changes in Internet Explorer 7 of particular interest to the developers.
- NewWindow3 Event: Showed up in IE6 XPSP2. Gives developers better control over handling new browser windows.
- Microsoft Feeds API: An API for creating, managing, and accessing Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds.
- Protected Mode API: Develop extensions and add-ons for Internet Explorer that can interact with the file system and registry. Includes methods to control a "Save As" dialog and save content to file.
- Many URI related API's: CreateUri and IUri interface just for starters.
I came across most of this stuff by searching the MSDN site looking for "Internet Explorer 7 or later". I'll try to update this page as I find out more information.